Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A Review Says Norton Utilities Crashes Win 7

• Please log in to reply

blueblue

blueblue

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
A friend recommended Norton Utilities, to help me check my backups for viruses, including another computer that I don't put online, but is used for personal files, backing up, and transferring files. I also want to use my thumb drives and external drives to transfer files, as well as back up this machine, but a suspected virus I couldn't find on this one made me reformat, now I'm afraid to use the backups or transfer any files from the other machine to this one, a (hopefully) clean machine. When a friend suggested Norton Utilities, I peeked around and saw a very unfavorable review by someone who says it crashes Windows 7 and does a few other undesirable things; so what I wanna know is, if anyone else has this problem or knows of anyone who has/had trouble with it on this OS?

So sad no one's responded to this, I'm very disappointed. Until I'm sure my backups are OK, I can't use them. Imagine being in this situation. Wow. :confused:

Edited by blueblue, 09 September 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Advertisements

blueblue

blueblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
:angry: I WISH I could DELETE this thread, since no one answers me anyway.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The problem is you are asking about virus removal in the OS forum. I would suggest asking your question in the malware forum and let the experts respond to your question. We cannot offer any malware support outside of that forum and that is most likely reason you have not had any response here.

blueblue

blueblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
:blush: Hi, thanks for replying. I wasn't expecting virus removal, just a response saying if someone else has the same prob or not with this specific OS. Thanks for the heads up though, I guess I goofed.:blush:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You could try the Removal tool to make sure you get rid of all the Norton stuff.

Go to Norton's site and download then run Norton Removal Tool that is appropriate for your version of Norton's you had. Let us know if it works for you.

blueblue

blueblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
OK I put my post in the malware section but no one's replied. It's OK, I'll figure it out somehow. Still haven't gotten that Norton program, been busy. I have a few threads no one's responded to, which I'd like deleted now. I won't be around much anyway. Forget the net, it's not worth the trouble.