Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

random shut down, freeses, BSOD please help

• Please log in to reply

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
rockmilk,
this is what I had in my minidump folder (only 1 file) on the link you gave me it explains how compress the dump files... or am I just that blind that I dont see were it explains how to do it? I also have the problem that I cant use winrar on it because its a locked folder, idk why, and I hav no idea why its like that or how to unlock it. here is a screen shot of it. I dont know how to unlock the folder, i tried with diferent instruction from google but none worked :( I will do all other things now.
cheers

Advertisements

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
rockmilk,
ok did all zou aske, was also able to copz minidump file to another folder and rar it, now i have a problem that i cant upload files :confused:
next to [clicl to attach files] it says: Used 4.03MB of your 4MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 2MB) :confused: :confused: :help:
Ill be going to work in a bit, be back at aroun 930-10pm (5 hours or so)
cheers

Edited by Gandalf81, 20 December 2012 - 09:23 AM.

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
rockmilk or phillpower2, or anyone else,
Can anyone tell me why I can`t upload anything? :confused:
this is what I get: [click to attach files] Used 4.03MB of your 4MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 2MB)

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Upload the file here send me the link. :)

http://www.filedropper.com/

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
http://www.filedropp...121612-17503-01
http://www.filedropper.com/autorunsnew

Edited by Gandalf81, 20 December 2012 - 03:57 PM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Have you now completed all of the instructions?
How is the machine?

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Yes i have, well the pc hasnt crashed in 2-3 days, but i also havent played in the past days. i think i will play in a bit to see if it crashes or not. with SIW its still the same, always get this http://www.filedropper.com/siw_1
I read on other forums that the program might be worng, idk... gonna go play a bit to see if it crashes or not.
thanks for your help,
cheers

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
The crash dump you uploaded show the nvidia graphics driver to be at fault.
Please go to the site below and update your graphics driver then reboot and play some games and if it crashes upload any new minidumps.
http://www.nvidia.co...aspx?lang=en-us

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
As far as the machine now resding all of the ram it is possible that a bios update is in order.But Flashing the bios may leave your machine in-operable.
If you want to see if a bios update will help I will point you in the right direction but keep in mind it might go south it usually wont but I must inform you of this. :)

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
rockmilk, well now ive been playing for about 15-20min and I havent crashed I have been monitring my ram usage with speccy and im at about 56% usage, so that is over 4gb, im guessing SIW is getting wrong data... as for the graphic card, I find that strange cus I updated it 2 days ago from the invidia site. ill see about the Bios update, if it doesnt crash n e more there is no need for it :)
ill keep playing for a bit and ill keep you informed

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

cus I updated it 2 days ago

well the pc hasnt crashed in 2-3 days,

You are good if the pc has not crashed since updating a couple of days again this is around the time you updated the driver. :thumbsup:

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
:thumbsup: im not calling it a win yet, but its good it hasnt crashed in 2-3 days... just checked RAM usage was up to 60% so i think there is no prob with it, just SIW reading it wrong. I have a curtesy to ask you, I posted on behalf of my brother, but no one has replied to the topic yet. He also plays BF3 and has problems with the pc shutting down after a game finishes, it only happens then, the topic is PC shuts off when BF3 game is finished ... do you have any ideas on why this would happen? do you know anyone that could help him out... again thanks SOOO MUCH rockmilk and Phillpower2, you guys ROCK!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Post a link to the topic I will take a look.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Also now the file is deleted open your autoruns and right click and delete the item below.

+ "\McQcModifier-5c47-a7b0" "" "" "File not found c:\programdata\mcqcmodifier-5c47-a7b0\mcqcmodifier-5c47-a7b0.cmd"

reboot when you get a chance.

Gandalf81

Gandalf81

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
ok, will do as soon as I finish game. I have started the topic, the title is "PC shuts off when BF3 game is finished"