Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overall is Norton 360 the best? I need to know.

• Please log in to reply

Article86

Article86

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I've used Norton ever since Symantic firt released it. I've tried a several other apps/utilities, but from what I've seen, Norton is still the leader. I know that there is some room for improvment, but there always is ... I also know that there are folks in this forum that know far more than I do, so I'm ready to consider any advise from the 'old pros'.

Thank You - Article86

Advertisements

Article86

Article86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
What, is this an old/taboo topic? It seems legitimate to me.

- Art

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Article 86

Welcome again to Geeks to Go

What, is this an old/taboo topic? It seems legitimate to me.

The answer is NO not at all, is it a taboo subject and I apologise that you have waited for a reply.

There is really no definitve answer. Ask a dozen people and you will get that many differing opinions, when discussing not only its effectiveness as an anti-virus etc. but its obtrusivenes, complication of different settings, effect on the system speed and performance as a whole and many points.

IMHO it is good as protection, obtrusive, uses more resources than many others and is renowned for adversely effecting overall system performance.

http://www.virusbtn....ative#id4376328

but as I said it is a matter of differing opinions - I woukld not have it an onay of my computers even if it was offered completely free

Others like it - your choice

I have also replied to your other topic

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

Edited by Macboatmaster, 14 February 2013 - 05:16 PM.

Article86

Article86

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks dude, I kind of expected that for an honest answer. I'll have to do some soul-searching. I have replied to you on the other post as well. Please read.

- Art

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
You are welcome