Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD Driver keeps crashing and recovering

• Please log in to reply

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Recently my AMD Driver started crashing and recovering. It is very annoying. I am running Windows 7 64 bit with an AMD A6-3400M APU. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite L755D. What could be causing this? I am getting an error about the driver once my desktop recovers saying my AMD driver crashed and recovered. Could this be a hardware problem or is it just software related?

EDIT- So far I have run CC Cleaner and as of this first edit it has not happened since, I am hoping it is something simple. Could a registry error have caused this?

Edited by RebelGamer137, 13 May 2013 - 08:35 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please follow the steps below to enter the Event Viewer program in Vista\Win7. This will give me more information into what is causing your issue. You can get to Event viewer two ways and I will post both for you.

" Go to
" Start
" In the Search box type in Event Viewer in the search box and press Enter
" From this point you can follow from step four from the below method as they will be the same.
Method Two
" Go to Start
" Right click on the Computer Icon and select Manage
" Navigate to the Event Viewer, You will be prompted to accept the action you are going to perform. Click continue
" On the left window pane click on Local and then expand the Windows entry. This will allow you to see every error for the past 24 hours as well as the last 7 days in the right window pane.
" Look for the ones that correspond to the times that your issue occurred.
" If any are found please double click and expand the error. This will open and give you more information on the error.
" Please include that in your next reply.

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

http://www.resplendence.com/downloads

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
So far it has not happened since Monday after I used CC Cleaner to fix A LOT of registry errors.

All the manager said was the display driver stopped working and recovered.

So was it possible that it could have been a registry error?

Edited by RebelGamer137, 17 May 2013 - 09:40 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Did you try the WhoCrashed and see if it showed anything?

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
Nothing came up

Can a registry error cause a problems with drivers?

This has not happened again since I ran CC Cleaner. I posted this after it happened before I ran the scan with CC Cleaner and found a lot of errors and problems then had CC Cleaner fix them. This was on Monday I edited in the so far so good part after I ran the scan, when I first posted this I was in a state of almost complete panic.

Edited by RebelGamer137, 18 May 2013 - 12:08 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IT could be a case of conflicting errors or even a software entry that was causing the issue. I myself have never used a registry cleaner simply because it does remove entries you may not be aware of. In your case it looks to have removed the problem entry without any bad results. I would say give it a couple more days and see what happens. If everything is still working correctly with no error messages and\or any other issues then we will consider this issue resolved. Please update me lets say Monday and we will decide then if any other steps are needed or the issue is resolved. Good job on your part. :thumbsup:

RebelGamer137

RebelGamer137

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 445 posts
So far so good today, I am glad its looking like it was a software problem that was fixed. I was worried I would have to take my laptop in to get fixed.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations RebelGamer137. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible