Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Bad System Config

• Please log in to reply

Gigglyhippy

Gigglyhippy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm sorry if this topic is repeated but I am on a cell phone and didn't find a search field to look for it. I'm more of a Mac girl so I need a little help. I have a windows 7 computer that my kids use and it started to just slow down little by little and now we are starting to get that blue screen with that error message. I backed up our info and tried to restore the computer back to factory setting but when it reboots it automatically gives me the blue screen. I know we have security, anti spyware software on there and I try to maintain since I don't really use it but something must have gone terribly wrong. I had to remove a windows update a few months back because the computer would boot but nothing would show in the display. I read that a security update on windows would cause this issue and after uninstalling, we were able to use it again. I dot know if this relates or not buy just wanted to throw it out there. Thanks for your help!!!

Advertisements

Gigglyhippy

Gigglyhippy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Sorry or the misspellings... I'm writing this on the phone. The computer can boot by the way... It boots in safe mode which was the only way I could back up the system and when I do boot the computer in normal mode within 20 min or so it gives me the blue screen. Oh and now when you do boot the computer in normal mode there is no color... It looks like windows classic but all in white. I'm just stumped... I have backed everything up so I don't mind messing with it until I get it back to working properly. Thanks again!!

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,975 posts
Hi Gigglyhippy :welcome:

Can you provide the Brand and Model of the computer? It's a Laptop or Desktop?

Do you have access to another computer to download and burn CD/DVD's (it can be a MAC)?