Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD after Vista comes out of sleep mode

• Please log in to reply

ira_gaines

ira_gaines

• PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
System specs: Windows Vista Home Premium 2007, Service Pack 2
Memory RAM: 2.00 GB
Processor: Intel ® Core 2 Duo CPU processor T7300 @ 2.00 GHz 2.00 GHz
System type: 32-bit operating system

Hi there,

In the last couple of days there have been two instances where the BSOD comes up after my laptop comes out of sleep mode. I've never seen the BSOD of death on this PC before and it's only happened after sleep mode. I only had a couple of webpages up while it was in sleep mode and they were not using much memory. I leave by laptop on most of the time and have it in sleep mode when I'm not using it for prolonged periods. I've attached WhoCrashed logs as they seem to be asked for on other similar threads. Thanks for any help.

computer name: OWNER-PC
windows version: Windows Vista Service Pack 2, 6.0, build: 6002
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz Intel586, level: 6
2 logical processors, active mask: 3
RAM: 2144591872 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1980026880

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 25/05/2013 16:01:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052513-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbvideo.sys (Unloaded_usbvideo.sys+0x18EA6)
Bugcheck code: 0xCE (0xFFFFFFFF9D280EA6, 0x8, 0xFFFFFFFF9D280EA6, 0x0)
Error: DRIVER_UNLOADED_WITHOUT_CANCELLING_PENDING_OPERATIONS
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbvideo.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: USB Video Class Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 25/05/2013 16:01:03 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x1262B)
Bugcheck code: 0xCE (0xFFFFFFFF9D280EA6, 0x8, 0xFFFFFFFF9D280EA6, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a driver failed to cancel pending operations before unloading.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 24/05/2013 06:57:45 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini052413-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbvideo.sys (Unloaded_usbvideo.sys+0x18EA6)
Bugcheck code: 0xCE (0xFFFFFFFF9B74CEA6, 0x8, 0xFFFFFFFF9B74CEA6, 0x0)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\usbvideo.sys
description: USB Video Class Driver

Advertisements