Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Children's Obesity and the role of Parents

• Please log in to reply

matthewwhite011

matthewwhite011

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Children obesity is going to be the major issue which is required to be noticed very seriously by all the parents. These stats are shared by a Health and wellness graduate assistant

A new poll released today shows a large a gap between parents’ perceptions of their children’s weight and expert definitions. According to their parents, 15 percent of children are a little or very overweight, while national data suggest more than twice as many, or 32 percent of all children, are overweight or obese. The poll was conducted by NPR,the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF), and Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH).

In addition, only 20 percent of children in households that participated in this poll had a parent who was concerned that his or her child will be overweight as an adult. However, it is estimated that 69 percent of adults are overweight, including 36 percent who are obese and an additional 6 percent who have “extreme obesity.”1 Together, these results indicate that parents may underestimate their children’s current risk for being overweight or obese, and how that risk could continue to impact them as adults.

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
God bless Ronny Mac :lol:

Elizabeth23

Elizabeth23

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts
obesity is a choice, that is my opinion, it is not heridity or glands or anything other than the failure to pull away from the table.

TheBigHelper

TheBigHelper

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts
Reminded me of this picture:

Posted Image

My people living right next to my home, have 2 kids aged 8 and 6. Both of them are quite plump and they can't insert their shirts to go to school. And whenever I visit their home, the parents will be feeding the kids like they've been in some concentration camps lol. I mean they seriously cannot tuck their shirts in and duh -_-

Anarchy

Anarchy

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Reminded me of this picture:

Posted Image

My people living right next to my home, have 2 kids aged 8 and 6. Both of them are quite plump and they can't insert their shirts to go to school. And whenever I visit their home, the parents will be feeding the kids like they've been in some concentration camps lol. I mean they seriously cannot tuck their shirts in and duh -_-

This honestly just made my day :lol:

Niyol

Niyol

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
It's only a major issue for people who eat to much and over feed there kid's. The answer is very simple don't eat so much and exercise. From my experience parents who let there kids get fat are often obese themselves. I also think over weight people should all be made to work in countries where people are starving and have nothing to eat for days at a time. That may make them think twice about being greedy and then they might send what they don't need to where it's needed to feed the starving. I've been homeless and hungry before and know what it's like to have hunger pains and acid in your stomach and no food or drink it's not good and then to see over weight people waddle past chomping on a burger or 2, it put's this world into perspective. Perhaps a fat people feed the world day is what is needed, like Bob Geldof's feed the world.
That's just my view on it.
If I offended anyone I am sorry, I didn't mean to. :thumbsup: