Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nasty constant BSOD notskrnl all new hardware too

• Please log in to reply

imp0ster

imp0ster

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm posting out of desperation. It won't let me upload the .dmp file??

This has been happening for 3 months. I replaced the motherboard with a MSI Z77A-G45, replaced the ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card with a SB X-Fi Titanium HD, all the RAM, new Samsung 840 PRO SSD, switched Windows 7 Ult install discs and am still getting these. I ran memtest over the entire weekend and it was clean. I'm out of ideas unless it's my Radeon 9550 and that would be BS. Please help and thanks in advance.

I've crashed with and without the OC settings. BTW I broke a RAID 5, 4 drive Samsung 830 setup because of this crap. Needless to say I have thrown too much money ruling out possibilities(and it's a good excuse to upgrade) but I am tapped

Let me add I run no AV and use a hardware firewall that takes care of security services and is an extension of my office where I run HA DoD based firewalls. I have a sneaking suspicion it's iTunes trying to go out on the web and boning my wireless card but I can't verify

Attached Files

Edited by imp0ster, 23 June 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Advertisements

imp0ster

imp0ster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
[bleep] not a reply...

Well it seems to trigger when I stream any kind of video online or play itunes. I ran Crysis 3 at max settings (terrible game) and sniper GW2 at max settings (worst game ever) and no reboot. It seems like when something is calling the wireless adapter it's happening. I'll be swapping that out tonight. Funny how you need to remove iTunes before repairing windows.

imp0ster

imp0ster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Pretty disappointed no one has any insight. There has to be a sys admin out there that has experience with this

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,862 posts
The quickest check that you can do is to remove the HD9550 add on video card and use the MBs integrated graphics solution to see if the issue is still present, if it is it makes it less likely that the card is bad.

You have said that you have changed the OS disks can I ask what type of disk they are as in full retail, OEM or download/burned ISO type.

imp0ster

imp0ster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The quickest check that you can do is to remove the HD9550 add on video card and use the MBs integrated graphics solution to see if the issue is still present, if it is it makes it less likely that the card is bad.

You have said that you have changed the OS disks can I ask what type of disk they are as in full retail, OEM or download/burned ISO type.

First was a copy of my full retail and the second was a full retail I pulled from my shelf at work. I'm plopping in the ASUS wireless AC card today and going to see if that solves the problem since it always happened with some kind of tcp call.

Something is corrupting the ntoskrnl. Just doesn't happen itself since it's a key part of windows. If I have to drop another $300 on a vid card I'm going to [bleep] a baby llama

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,862 posts
Hopefully the wireless card sorts the problem and please let us know either way.

I suggested using the MBs integrated video port as a quick check to see if it could put your mind at ease about the rather expensive video card being bad or not.

imp0ster

imp0ster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well the brand new ASUS PCIe AC card was DOA, figures. I went without wireless and was fine but then again with no nic available those TCP/UDP calls probably weren't doing anything.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,862 posts
What a pain in the proverbial :(

Have you RMAd the card.

imp0ster

imp0ster

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
card is on its way back to newegg. Been using my Envy 17 laptop instead but it gets old

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,862 posts
Thanks for the update :thumbsup:

Good luck and let us know how the replacement card works out.