Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What type of file is this?

• Please log in to reply

rabidpencil

rabidpencil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've recently found a flash drive that I haven't seen in a couple years, and there was a folder full of files with no extensions. They were all 'created' on the same day within a few hours according to windows. I've noticed a pattern with them though. There's 13 numbers, then the next file is the same 13 numbers, plus _m, then the next is the same 13 plus _t. The files without underscores are all multiple MB, but the _m is 1-7 kb and the _t is usually 10-20 kb. I originally thought they were pictures, because they were all made the same day, and they all start with the same 6 numbers. But I've tried jpg, bmp, tif and they haven't worked. I've tried mpg, mk4, flv, and mov and none worked. When I tried flv in VLC, it gave me an error about undf, but I don't know what that is (google says it's undefined?). I don't expect to ever have an answer, but it's driving me nuts. I thought maybe someone might recognize the file pattern.

1274745715043------3552 KB
1274745715043_m-------2 KB
1274745715043_t------10 KB

and so on. Thanks to anyone who responds

Advertisements