Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen of death on my Inspiron 14Z 5423. Error code: 0x0000007e

• Please log in to reply

yuls59

yuls59

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I've been having problems where my laptop would not wake up from hibernation. It seemed to be working but the screen would be black and I had to manually shut it down. This started right after I got my laptop. Now it's been almost a year and I got this blue screen of death. Recently I started playing video games on this laptop and in the middle of them I would get the same screen. Now it started happening in the middle of me just using the computer and not playing games. I think it might have something to do with the video driver. I updated my BIOS and then tried to reinstall my video driver but it said "error" and I cannot reinstall it. How do I fix this?

Posted Image

The codes displayed in the parentheses are:0xFFFFFFFFC000005, 0xFFFFF8800128F6B0, 0xFFFFF880039C4868, 0xFFFFF880039C40C0

Edit: I restored the computer to factory settings and it didn't fix the problem

Edited by yuls59, 13 July 2013 - 08:58 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
This is the same as another topic we are assisting with and this is what I found on your error.

Sounds like you need to update iastor.sys :

iastor.sys = Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver - See System/Motherboard Maker and the chipset maker.
This driver could have been driven to fault by other programs such as Symantec/Norton.

This driver is extremely difficult to install so you need the System Maker or Motherboard Maker's (for custom
built systems) help though you might also ask in the their forums (if any).