Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus created Admin account

• Please log in to reply

littlemarine94

littlemarine94

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a windows 8 computer and it has been infected with a virus that created an account called Trustedinstaller that has locked my account and all others from using admin authority on the computer. I have been trying to disable it so i can remove it with my antivirus. i have also been trying to do a system wipe and reload windows 8 but it wont allow me to access the PC settings. any ideas? any advice would be usefull.

Advertisements

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Take a look at this link to take ownership of files and folders.

http://www.makeuseof...renaming-files/

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Another possibility here: Offline enable the built-in administrator account in Windows 7 and Vista

Should work for Windows 8 as well. Boot your install disk, take the Repair path to a Command Prompt.