Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Failed to Install Service Pack 1

• Please log in to reply

rajkk1

rajkk1

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
Hello!

I have a windows 7 home premium 64-bit OS and I tried to install service pack 1 (along with 2 other windows updates) and it won't let me. I have posted a couple of screenshots of the error message below:

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Check the date and time of your computer. Strangely this can cause a problem like this.

rajkk1

rajkk1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Check the date and time of your computer. Strangely this can cause a problem like this.

I tried changing the date and time but unfortunately it didn't solve the problem :(. The same thing still happens. Any other advice?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Try running the System Update Readiness Tool:

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [May 2013]
System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [May 2013]

rajkk1

rajkk1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Try running the System Update Readiness Tool:

System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [May 2013]
System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [May 2013]

I downloaded and installed 64-bit Readiness Tool successfully. I then ran windows update again (re-checking for updates). Still the same updates and still the same problem (i.e. failed installation) :(. Any other suggestions?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I'm going to suggest you post in the Windows Update forum at sysnative.com. The folks there are excellent at fixing Windows Update problems.

Follow the directions in the Windows Update Forum Posting Instructions

The first thing they want is the cbs.log file which they tell you how to find and upload. Please post a link here to your thread there when you open it.

rajkk1

rajkk1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thanks for the help Ztruker! I did what you told me. Here's the link to my thread: http://www.sysnative...e-pack-1-a.html

I will post one last update when the problem gets solved.

Thanks again!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
You look to be in good hands. Tekno Venus is excellent.

rajkk1

rajkk1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
My problem was solved by Stephen over at sysnative.com :D. Thanks for all your help Ztruker!

rajkk1

Edited by rajkk1, 08 August 2013 - 08:50 AM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Excellent! Thanks for letting me know.