Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

blue screen on skype

• Please log in to reply

fr3ak1200

fr3ak1200

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey all,

just built my new system and was so excited/ecstatic. its the first water cooled AMD 8core i have built and all went very well, except for this minor itch, which i cant work out for the death of me. im using windows 8 professional and have a fully registered version of Skype on my desktop. initiating the program, i dont run into any problems, sometimes i can begin the process of making a video call to family members, usually whats been happening is once the person i am calling answers the call, i get a blue screen with text saying....something went wrong we are restarting your computer.blah blah blah.......what i did happen to take note of was this, and im hoping someone can help me with this part DPC_watchdog_violation....... has anyone seen this on a blues screen if so what is it and how can i get around this minor issue. all my hardware is running perfectly.i had my asrock 990fx tweeked to 4.2ghz and benchtested everything through f-stream average cpu temp sits around 26 degrees....S.O.S......

Advertisements

Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,929 posts
Consider this from Microsoft.

http://msdn.microsof...6(v=vs.85).aspx