Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrator Question

• Please log in to reply

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hello and greetings Sleepy Dude. I decided to bite the bullet and reload. But I do have some questions that you could help me with,if you would be so kind. My operating system Win 7 is on an SSD> While re-installing Windows it said that it recognized there was a version already there and it would move it and rename it. It said I could access it but not use it. I would rather get rid of it. Is that possible?

Hi,

To bad you didn't follow the instructions to repair the windows installation posted by PhrantiQ...

If you don't need to recover any files from the old install you can remove it by following this steps:

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button Posted Image. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.
    If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
  • In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.
    If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.
  • Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.
  • In the message that appears, click Delete Files.

Advertisements

WilliamP

WilliamP

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I did follow every step. I had a loving wife breathing down my back wanting her computer back. What ever happened even took out the driver for the network adapter. Luckily I had the disk for the motherboard. I will give your instructions on the cleanup a try. I just wanted you to know that everything is GREAT. You all are extremely patient and helpful. Thank you.

Edited by WilliamP, 03 October 2013 - 08:25 AM.