Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WIN 7 Hom error message

• Please log in to reply

Janis

Janis

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
A friend has asked me to explain the following message which he says he receives only when in email He has a new WIN7 pc and I run XP so I don't know the answer. "SHOCKWAVE FLASH MAY BE BUSY OR IT MAY HAVE STOPPED RFESPONDING. YOU CAN STOP THE PLUGIN NOW OR YOU CAN CONTINUE TO SEE IF THE PLUGIN WILL COMPLETE. " I thought this must be a Foxfire message not email but he says he gets in only when logged into his Charter email. He rarely uses more than the email so he may be not seeing the message at other times. Should he call his email provider or is there an update he needs?

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
That's a BROWSER issue to be honest. Try reinstalling the Shockwave. You can use Ninite, there is a silent installer on there for Shockwave.

Janis

Janis

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I have never installed Shockwave. What is its purpose. Would I just go into his Mozilla and look for add ons or is this a stand alone he needs. He does very little surfing, mostly email and financial.