Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2nd screen will display picture for 2 secs then goes black

• Please log in to reply

tzmuken

tzmuken

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello everyone this is the first time i am doing this. so please be patiant haha. ive been running my dual diaplay for the last 6 month no problams i went away for the weekend and when i got home my 2nd screen was black i tryed changing the resolution and turning the monitor off and on again it shows my desk top or what ever i move over to the 2nd screen for a few seconds and then goes black again i dont understand it. my graphics card is a 7300se/7200gs my first screen is a phillips 190cw running on a dvi cable second screen is a opview a1981wx running on vga only, my operating system is 64bit window 7 ultimate just to be clear its the vga screen (opview a1981wx) that is giving me the problams im hoping i have provided all the info people need but will answer anything i can that you need to know to help me solve this issue..... p.s. i have tried the screen on a diffrent computer and it works fine and ive changed the cables with the couple i have in the draw as spare and still still i only get picture for a few second before it goes black again. please please please help me with this if you can

Advertisements

PhrantiQ

PhrantiQ

• PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
First and foremost, welcome to Geeks To Go's forums! I hope you stick around after we've assisted you in resolving this issue, as there is a lot of great members and information available on Geeks To Go's site. One last thing before we start working on your issue, is that I highly recommend you review the Geeks To Go Terms of Use (TOU) if you have not done so already. Now that the pleasantries have been said, let's take a look at your issue and see what we can do to resolve it!  
STEP ONE: Intel Gathering - Q&A
Alright you stated that the screen having issues is running off your VGA port and cable, correct? You also go on to state that you've tested the screen having issues on another machine and it worked as it should for that machine, correct? When you did this test on another machine, did you use the VGA port or not? Also can the screen in question be setup using the DVI cable? In return, can the DVI monitor that's working be setup using the VGA? This is more for testing and not a permanent thing, just curious about results. STEP TWO: Gathering System Intel
  • At this point and time I'd like you to get the utility MiniToolBox and run it with the following checked items.
    • List content of Hosts
    • List last 10 Event Viewer Errors
    • List Installed Programs
    • List Devices
    • Only-Problems (leave it checked)
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory Size

After you've just the above items, please then hit GO. Once it's done running, which normally doesn't take too long, it will have a text or log file pop up. Please copy & paste that into a reply.

Once I hear back from you with that required information, I will go over it all and then get back to you with a hopeful solution.