Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flashing Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply

Acm-Drift-41301

Acm-Drift-41301

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I Have A Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 Laptop & The Problem Is, I Start Up My Laptop & It Shows The Loading Screen Saying "Toshiba Blah blah blah" & Then It Pops Up The "Start Windows Manually" & All That, But. I Select ANY of Those, It Shows A Loading Screen At The Bottom & Then It Shows A Blue Screen, It Shows For a Second Then Disappears. I Selected The Option to Stop It From Rebooting, & It Says, "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated druves. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical Information *** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00190445,0x83DF3678,0xC0000102,0x00000000)"

What should I do to solve this problem? Please help Me!

NOTE: I Don't Know How to Open CHKDSK /F In this condition. Or ANY Condition. So Yea...

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x00000023: FAT_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within a read or write to a FAT16 or FAT32 file system drive. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of FASTFAT.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

Go HERE to read how to run a repair option on your system.

Nommy

Nommy

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
Hello Acm-Drift-41301 and :welcome: ,

A Bug check 0x24 is most likely caused by a failing hard drive.

After doing a repair install as rshaffer61 suggested, please upload your dumpfiles by following this;
  • Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump (Replace C: with the letter of the drive where you installed Windows on).
  • Select all the files there by clicking on the first file, holding down the SHIFT key, and clicking on the last file.
  • Copy all files by hitting Ctrl+C.
  • Create a folder on your desktop and name it "Dumpfiles". Paste all .dmp files in that folder.
  • Right click on the folder and click on Send to. Then click on Compressed (zipped) folder.
    This will create a .zip called Dumpfiles.zip on your desktop.
  • Please upload the .zip file as an attachment by clicking on Browse.. under your post.
  • If your Windows is not set to create dump files upon a BSOD, please follow this tutorial to configure it.
  • If no dump files are found in that folder, please report back.
Once we have the dump files we can have a look at what precisely caused your BSoD.

----------

NOTE: I Don't Know How to Open CHKDSK /F In this condition. Or ANY Condition. So Yea...

You can run the CHKDSK command this way, please do so and report the result;
  • Click on the start orb.
  • Open an elevated command prompt.
  • Type the following:
    chkdsk C: /F
    > Replace C: with the letter of the drive you installed Windows on!
  • You will get a message that your drive is in use and that Chkdsk will be run at start up.
  • Please exit the command prompt, close and save any open programs and restart your machine. Chkdsk will now scan at boot.
>Do NOT attempt to cancel or stop the scan, this might result in a loss in data and could render your Windows unusable!

Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy