Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FaceTime audio

• Please log in to reply

Glynch6832

Glynch6832

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My FaceTim Audio is not heard by the person I call. They get video, but no audio. I receive both video and audio from them. I am using a 27" iMac with the latest version of Mavericks. My iPad and iPhone FaceTime work on the same WiFi network. Any ideas?

Gary

Advertisements

RatHat

RatHat

Ex Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 7,829 posts
I find that FaceTime needs a good connection to work properly so if the person you are talking to has a poor connection, then this can cause problems. Video uses the biggest part of the connection so try turning the video off and see if they get audio.

Z3n

Z3n

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
In addition to having a good connection (as stated above), ensure your Mac is feeding audio from the Internal Mic.

• Open System Preferences from Applications
  • Navigate to the Sound section under the second row
  • Click the "Input" tab
  • Ensure the "Internal Mic" or equivalent is selected. If it selected to something else, ensure you know what it is. If not, change it back to the Internal setting.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,750 posts

Would suggest that you check the date of any OP before you post grosspentagram as this thread is almost seven years old and your only other post was to a thread that was more than nine years old, not much hope of you getting any response I`m afraid, you would also do well to drop the spammy links as well  <_<