Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BLUE SCREEN, (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

STILL getting pop ups!!!!!!!!! Cant get rid of them .. After i d/l the keyfinder my computer went crazy!!

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

I have just run the keyfinder using the instructions I gave you.   No popups, no problems, results below.

Close your browser and run Malwarebytes, delete anything it finds then restart the browser, post results. 

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I uninstalled it .. I am also running malwarebytes .. so far its found 7 infected files ..

When I d/l keyfinder I carefully read everything b4 installing.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

OK malwarebytes found 16 infected files and it cleaned it out .. I no longer have pop ups ...

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Well I can't say were you got picked them up, not from the links I gave, site and the file are clean.   Is you virus program active and up to day?

Withoutsome sort of record/codes there is not much you can do for PSPYou could download 3X from the link, reinstall and hope it keeps going but may install as trial, then you would have to pay after 30 days.

Other option would be to fire up Realtogo, click on My Computer, look for PSP and see if, under About, or Help, or you may be able to "go to my account"

Back to looking a Sound.

Open from the control panel, sounds. click on SB Audigy 2.25. take a screenshot. 

post-361913-0-86307800-1400905967_thumb.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Yes my virus program is up to date ..

screenshot.jpeg

Edited by Lexy610, 26 May 2014 - 10:23 AM.

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Not sure if you wanted me to click on the blue words "SB Audigy 2.25" .... because that is not a clickable link .....

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

If you right click on it, do you get a propertied widow? or what?

Please click on the Hardware tab, take a screenshot of the drop down list. 

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

IMAG1260.jpg

IMAG1259.jpg

And the pic below is what I get when I right click on the unclickable link ...

IMAG1261.jpg

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Good Morning ....

I was going over the Belarc Avisor report we ran the other day and I notice under "system model" there by the srvice tag a link that said "support for this pc" so I clicked on it ..

It then took me to a "Dell support home page" .. I then saw a link for "drivers and downloads, (find drivers, BIOS, and other updates" I clicked on that and it analyzed my computer .. it found 2 files that needed to be updated one was "urgent" and the other "recommended".

I then went back to the dell support home page and saw a link there also that read "Assisted Search (locate solutions to common issues). I ran it and ran fixit again and it didn't find anything .. it also suggested I go to the manufacturer of my sound and look for updates availability ..

I haven't done anything as of yet and wont till further instructions but below is a screenshot of what needs to be updated ...

IMAG1262.jpg

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Those 2 updates were spotted earlier  on but as the computer is running OK, apart from the sound, I am reluctant to update other drivers at the moment.

1.   Open from the control panel, sounds. see instruction on image, then take a screenshot.  Then,

2.   Click on, top menu, Audio, Take a screenshot.   

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

I understand and I agree :)

Here's my screenshot ..

IMAG1273.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

That one is OK.

Please do the second part, 
2.   Click on, top menu, Audio, Take a screenshot.  

Lexy610

Lexy610

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

IMAG1275.jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Good.

First, Tick the box, bottom left, "use only default devices" > click Apply, then,

Click Volume on the sound playback window, make sure nothing is muted and volume set on high, please post back.

Please take f photo of the back of the case and include in your reply.