Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I factory resetted my laptop but it has so far taken 2 days and I'

• Please log in to reply

Andrew Garczynski

Andrew Garczynski

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I did a factory reset on my packard Bell tk85 laptop which is running windows 7. Because I can't login to my profile, I had to use the packard Bell recovery management (alt and f10) at the startup screen to do the factory reset. However, after the reset was completed, the laptop began reinstalling all the key programs. (there are 50) When it got to Microsoft office (37/50), it seems to have gotten stuck or is just going really, really slowly. I can't login using safe mode and I can't seem to find a way around not installing these programs so any help would seriously be appreciated, thanks guys!

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

What happens if you power off the computer then power it on again? Does it pick up where it left of and do MS Office or ...?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

And just for the record, a factory reset will install all of the programs and junk that came on it when it was "new".