Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Windows 8 tiles not working

windows8 tiles

• Please log in to reply

wailena

wailena

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey! i got a new laptop it is only four months old, it is a lenovo ideapad and my problem is that the windows 8 tiles dont work, i'm not able to go into my camera, the shop, email, etc. the only thing that works is going back to desktop. please help! and additional questions: should i upgrade to 8.1? thank you so much! xoxoxoxo

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Never upgrade when you are having problems, it only makes things worse most of the time.

What happens when you click on a tile? Do you get any error messages?

Do you have UAC disabled?

wailena

wailena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

It shows no error messages, when i click it, it does nothing, it moves as if it works but nothing happens. only the store tile opens to a big green shopping bad screen, but only for like a second and then it goes back.

what is a UAC? and how can i check if it is disabled?

thank you so much for replying!

ShivaAng Uniyal

ShivaAng Uniyal

• Pip
  • 2 posts

you may want to SFC scan your computer........

to do an SFC scan

follow these steps

a. Press “Windows Key + Q” to open Charms Bar.
b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.
c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.
d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit Enter.

Note: It may ask for windows installation DVD to fix and to enable SFC to make more than minor repairs. Some files saved on your computer might get deleted when fixing corrupted files.