Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with phone sd card?

SD card movies

• Please log in to reply

rigo626

rigo626

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I recently bought a 64 GB SD card for my phone, so I can put movies onto my phone. I converted them into MP4's which play on my phone. I was able to add movies and play them, but once I hit around 10-11 movies, it doesn't add anymore than that, it takes forever to copy it to the sd card, and once it's done, it's not playable, but the other movies are still fine but it just doesn't copy it correctly. i've tried adding it to different folders and still it doesn't work. I have the HTC one SV. I'm not really sure why it's doing this and would appreciate any ones help. theres only 5gb used on the SD card

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

:welcome:    rigo626

Was the card purchased from a reputable merchant.

A couple of free tests that you can do to establish the capacity and performance of an SD card here and here

Let us know the results please.

rigo626

rigo626

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I got it off ebay from some company who had 100% good feedback. the 1st one, the tester said " Test finished and all data could be validated". Writting at 300 mb at 18.3MB/s. Reading 301MB at 24.05MB/s.  then I ran the inside and it says Manaufacutor Inavalid, Size 67 GB. manufature date apr 2014

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Try H2testw 1.4  which you can get from here, this will more or less confirm the validity of the card.

rigo626

rigo626

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

sorry for the late response. work been busy. I had to delete everything on the SD card and it's testing it now. going to let it test over night. it says its going to take 4 hrs to test n verify it. ill post the result tomorrow

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

No worries rigo626, we understand that you have other things to tend to so reply when you are able to  :thumbsup:

rigo626

rigo626

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

for some reason it doesn't want to scan the whole disk? it says at 1st 4 hrs remaining. then turns to 7 hrs an hr later. then a few minutes later it says 17 hrs. does that mean the card pretty much is a fake?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

Apologies for the delay rigo626, I was called to business away from home and have not been near a computer for a couple of days   :( 

The device could be faulty or it may be fake, please post a link to from where the device was purchased so that we can take a look.

rigo626

rigo626

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I think it is fake. i gave up on it. and bought a samsung one and have no problems with it. thank you for your help!

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,716 posts

You are welcome and thanks for the follow up rigo626, sorry that it was not better news though  :(