Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wirelless web windows7 not working. cannot connect

• Please log in to reply

chrisedge

chrisedge

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

wireless messages in windows7 things like "cannot connect"," no wireless available". wife's works ok on same BT hub.  Also ethernet cable will connect fine on mine. I have done something daft!  Help please  thanks.  Chris

Advertisements

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Hi,

check first that the wireless has not been inadvertently turned off.... may be a switch on the computer's case or a function key ( you don't give us any details of the make and model number of your computer, so check the owners manual for full information.

Regards

paws

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Hi,
check first that the wireless has not been inadvertently turned off.... may be a switch on the computer's case or a function key ( you don't give us any details of the make and model number of your computer, so check the owners manual for full information.
Regards
paws

This
If you have a laptop, take a GOOD look around it to find any switch with a little antenna icon. When I say to take a look, I mean to actually LOOK, and CHECK around the laptop, not the pass your hand in hope to feel something obvious. A lot of people just pass their hand around, feel nothing and assume that the switch isn't the problem. Then I tell them to look carefully, they do and guess what ? They find the switch. If it's not that, we'll try something else.

chrisedge

chrisedge

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

thanks guys. On my Dell there is next to the earphone plug a tiny switch that I must have touched while clearing up the other morning. What a daft place to put a

switch.  Chris

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

thanks guys. On my Dell there is next to the earphone plug a tiny switch that I must have touched while clearing up the other morning. What a daft place to put a
switch.  Chris

These switches sometime aren't placed at the best spot ever but eh, it's the manufacturer's fault for not thinking about it first ! :P
Glad that paws (because it was his idea) was of assistance to you !