Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Huge lag when gaming, possibly caused by charger or CPU.

• Please log in to reply

Richardman6

Richardman6

• Pip
  • 2 posts

So when I start playing a game , the menu goes just fine , but once I enter the actual game , I get prety bad lag , and I have discovered, that once I unplugg my charger and plug it back in , after I plug it back in it runs my game perfectly , over 60 fps for a few seconds, then goes back to terrible lag. Help please .

Advertisements

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hello

What is your computer, and have you tried different games?

Edited by HelpMeHelpYou, 27 July 2014 - 05:10 PM.

Richardman6

Richardman6

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

It is a Dell laptop with an I3 2.2 processor nvidia 550m and 6GB ram. Yes I have tried other games. Ive noticed this significantly on Unturned DayZ and minecraft. CS:Go runs smoothly for example.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

I would say check all of your components make sure you have the latest update's.

(Graphics card, Processor, Adobe flash, Windows updates)

If anyone in the house or workplace smokes inside, Your fans get gunked up so a possible cleaning would need to be done.

The air vents on the sides or back of your laptop,

Are they brown looks like dust gathered up around the holes?

If so you can Just buy a can or two of Air Duster open your case the best you can and spray short bursts of the Air Duster in there around your fan/fans.

If you do not have loud noises (Fan loud noise) inside your laptop its best to not open it!

To tell you another way, It would be like gainning 60 pounds and trying to run a 1/2 mile race. (Out of breathe, wore out from something you weren't used to)

Another thing, Are the processor and Graphics card what came in the laptop?   Original?   (Or Aftermarket upgrade)