Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please help

laptop acer repair recovery black screen error windows 7

• Please log in to reply

kyrus

kyrus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,
I am having a lot of trouble trying to fix my own laptop.
My laptop was just fine the day before yesterday, but right when I turn it on in the morning yesterday every program would lag and become unresponsive.
The computer would eventually go back to being normal and then act up again.
Being fed up with it all I attempted to recover my computer to a earlier time but there were no restore points. So I decided to factory reset it.
But when the reset reached 64% a error message popped up saying
"Restore failed - error code 0x45d" and some I/O device error
After that I shut down the computer and get a infinity loop of not being able to install windows and restarting my computer
I then did shift+f10 to open up command prompt and obee with msobee to make a new user. This worked but there were no files whatsoever. Not even internet explorer. Couldn't even connect to the internet
So I attempted factory reset again and ended up in the loop again.
Any solutions?
Thanks       

Some pictures:
http://i.imgur.com/wS7g0Pp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eUTigif.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wS7g0Pp.jpg

Fixed 1st link - Z

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

You can do a clean install from a downloaded legal ISO image burned to a DVD.

How to Do a Clean Installation with Windows 7
How to Do a Clean Install with an Upgrade Windows 7 Version

Notice the Note:

CleaiInstallW7withDownloadISO.jpg

Once the install completes, do Windows Updates until you are not offered any more. This will give you a nice, clean install with none of the OEM's cramware installed.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hey Ztrucker!

You can find the ISO file here!

http://answers.micro...f7-1c8486a46ebf

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Donetao, the link to download the ISO files is in the tutorials I posted, in the Note I also posted.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Donetao, the link to download the ISO files is in the tutorials I posted, in the Note I also posted.

Hello Ztrucker!

Sorry I don't find the link to The ISO file in your reply.

Where am I missing it??

When I click on your note it just opens a jpeg. Doesn't give me the down load???

Edited by donetao, 10 August 2014 - 04:40 PM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! Ok I found the ISO file down load in your first link. The second link just takes me to the Windows 7 forum.

Sorry didn't mean to step on you. I just didn't see the down load link for the ISO and thought I would help in case you had forgotten to post it.

doneato!

PS I like my link better. A lot easier to find the down load :laughing: :laughing:

Attached Thumbnails

• Capture48.JPG

Edited by donetao, 10 August 2014 - 05:01 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

The whole point is to get people to go to the tutorial link. Everything needed , including all links, is there.

That's also why I added the image of the note from the tutorial, to show folks where in the tutorial the link for the downloads is located.

Your posts are fine, I'm really not complaining, even though it may sound like I am :)

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

:spoton: