Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop ups all the time on computer [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

All right.  I shall try again.  I thought I would do a system restore but it will not work at all.  So I attribute this to the pop up that continues to come up all the time.  iexplore.ex-Bad Image.  I have went to many places on the web for help.  Some help there was no way I would try.  I am not that knowledgeable on the computer and I will try whatever you ask .  Thank you.

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Thank you Naat.  I do so appreciate any help I can get.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Ok. Please tell me are you able to boot-up at all and what do you exactly face when the System is starting.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Yes, I can boot up but I get this message each time I go to IE and now when I go to Fox Fire also.  Wanted to do a system restore but it is not working at all.  So that was out also.  Even thought of taking IE off the computer but was told not to do that so I did not.  I was told this will only cause more damage to my machine if left alone.  Well, I have done all I can trying to get rid of it and it still is there coming up each time I open up IE or Fox Fire.  Sure do not want to send anyone else a virus.  Maybe I can try to do what you ask.  No excuse here but I am a grandmother and not really up to par when something happens here.  The guys on here have always been so good in helping me.  Thank you.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
Ok, thanks for the description. I suppose that you are also able to connect to the internet and download things?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Yes, I can do that for I did it before. 

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Hi, Well, I did try to do a system restore which will not work at all.  So I noticed that this iexplore.exe-Bad Image appears each time I go to IE or even Fox Fire.   I went to Google to put in the iexplore and went to many web pages.  Seems as if I am not the only one with this problem.  Many had answers that were very confusing.  I wondered if I took IE off and re-installed it would help.  But, I was told quickly not to do that.  Seems this is very stubborn and is had to get off a machine.  Even been thinking of taking the machine back to the shop and see what they could do but I really hate to do that.  So, other than rambling on and on.  I have no idea what to do..

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts

Good morning Sharon :)

OK, I can understand that you are frustrated about the corrupted machine. I promise to do my best to fix it. Please follow my instructions carefully and literally.

FRST.gif Scan with Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to your Desktop.

• Right-click on FRST.gif icon and select RunAsAdmin.jpg Run as Administrator to start the tool. 
  • When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that Addition option is checked.
  • Press Scan button and wait.
  • The tool will produce two logfiles on your desktop: FRST.txt and Addition.txt.

Please copy and paste their content into your next reply.

copy-paste.png

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

I tried to download this and my machine would not let me but it did download about 8 programs that I had to get off my machine.  I shall try again this afternoon. 

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts
What happens when you're trying to download it?

Do you have the access to another clean machine and a thumbdrive (usb drive, pendrive)?

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I did think I answered this question. No, my other computer has XP and when I can, I will get Windows 7 put on it. Sorry about the mix-up here.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts

Sorry, but I don't understand you now.

First, I'd like to ask you to stick for this thread only and leave the other one in Windows forum. If your issue is malware-related (and it is most likely, as indicated by the symptoms) - we need to finish cleaning before moving to other sections of the forum.

Now please answer each of my questions for now. Try to be as clear as possible, even if that means you'll have to put some answers once more.

1. Why you can't download FRST on the corrupted machine? Is there any message appearing? Can you rewrite it for me?

2. Can you run any of your apps installed on that machine?

3. If you can't download FRST there, is there a possibility that you will download it on another, well-known one, and transfer it to your corrupted one using a pendrive (USB stick)?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Hello,  I have no idea why it will not download.  I do know the last time I had at least 8 programs that wanted to or had already started to download when I tired to do that.  I will try it again on this machine.  My other computer is XP and I will not get online with it.  We plan on getting Windows 7 put on it later.  There was no message except that the web page was not secure.  I already knew that from downloading it before.  As for other apps I really have no idea.  I do not go to a lot of web pages on this computer.  I have a few favorite and that is it.  I have went to many before I came to you to see if there was an easy fix to this problem and I found out there is none.  I am sorry I went were I was not suppose to go.  Really did not know that I should stay off them.  I just wanted to find out why system restore would no longer work either.  It seems that I am doing nothing right here and making things hard for you.  Sorry.  As I said, I will try to download it again if you say so.  I have done a full virus scan and malware scan so maybe it will go through now.  I have no idea.  Maybe I just can't do this.  That is also possible.  I am not up on the computers and don't know the lingo nor many many other things about them.  That is the reason I struggle with them.  It is getting to be that they are no longer nice to have.  Seems as if it takes nothing but work and time to keep them running.  I do so thank you for helping me and I shall try to do it as you ask and answer all your questions as I thought I had.

Naathim

Naathim

GeekU Minion

• Expert
  • 4,568 posts

Hi :)

Don't worry. I will try to make my instructions as clear as possible. Please tell me do you have the access to a USB drive (USB stick, pendrive, thumbrive)? It should look similar to this one:

0-usb_stick.jpg

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Hi :)

Don't worry. I will try to make my instructions as clear as possible. Please tell me do you have the access to a USB drive (USB stick, pendrive, thumbrive)? It should look similar to this one:

0-usb_stick.jpg

I am not able to post.  I have tried and tried to answer you but it will not post it.