If after following the above said step, the problem still persist, follow the below steps for creating a new profile
Click the menu button and then click Exit
- Press + R (click the Windows Start button and select Run... on Windows XP).
- In the Run dialog box, type in:
- Click OK.
Note: If the Profile Manager window does not appear, you may need to specify the full path of the Firefox program, enclosed in quotes; for example:
- On 32-bit Windows: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p
- On 64-bit Windows: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -p
If the Profile Manager window does not open, Firefox may have been running in the background, even though it was not visible. Close all instances of Firefox or restart the computer and then try again.
- To start the Create Profile Wizard, click Create Profile... in the Profile Manager.
- Click Next and enter the name of the profile. Use a profile name that is descriptive, such as your personal name. This name is not exposed on the Internet.
- You can also choose where to store the profile on your computer. To choose its storage location, click Choose Folder....
Warning: If you choose your own folder location for the profile, select a new or empty folder. If you choose a folder that isn't empty and you later remove the profile and choose the "Delete Files" option, everything inside that folder will be deleted.
- To create the new profile, click Finish.