Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

uninstall apps

• Please log in to reply

kplusonline

kplusonline

• Pip
  • 3 posts

If I uninstall a program (such as DAZ3D) how can I be sure that it's TOTALLY gone. Someone told me I should remove info from the registry. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Advertisements

Robust

Robust

• PipPipPip
  • 314 posts
I wouldn't advise touching the Windows registry at all unless you're sure you know what you're doing. Anything in there can render your PC in a bad state, just to say. Extensive damage can result in having to reinstall your OS, but like I said, that's quite extensive.

Are you talking about Day 3D (http://www.daz3d.com)? That's not malicious by the looks of it. Just removing it from Control Panel -> Programs and Features is fine, if you really want to go a step further you can remove its folder typically located in Computer -> Program Files or Computer -> Program Files (x86).

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Use a program like Revo Uninstaller Free or Pro version (I use Pro). It does a much better job of cleaning up after a uninstall than the built in uninstaller does.