Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Surround sound option not available

• Please log in to reply

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

For some reason, I'm unable to post screen shots, or any pic (used the snipping tool to no avail, very frustrating). Under sound, video and game controllers there are the following two options:
Intel ® Display Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

When under Sound,Video and Game Controllers, right click Realtek High Definition Audio, select Update driver software, then Browse my computer for driver software, then Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my Computer.

Do you see any others in the list there, besides Realtek High Definition Audio ?

Take a screen capture, when desired screen is up, push Ctrl and print screen on keyboard, open Paint program, left click center in Paint, on Menu, click Paste, then select File, Save as JPEG.

Attach file using full editor, see below your post, Attach Files, Browse to where it is on PC, then select Attach this File.

Edited by jds63, 29 October 2014 - 06:44 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Therefore, from this webpage :

http://support.toshi...reeText=3574883

You are looking for the 3rd driver under "Sound", the Realtek Audio Driver one :

sJiDRhV.png

Do you have any "Unknown Device" listed in the Device Manager ?

Should be fourth one down,also or just, SRS Premium Sound. What specs show on his spec sheet from the pdf

Attached Files

Edited by jds63, 29 October 2014 - 06:46 PM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Therefore, from this webpage :

http://support.toshi...reeText=3574883

You are looking for the 3rd driver under "Sound", the Realtek Audio Driver one :

sJiDRhV.png

Do you have any "Unknown Device" listed in the Device Manager ?

Should be fourth one down,also or just, SRS Premium Sound. What specs show on his spec sheet from the pdf

There's no point in installing the SRS Premium Sound if we don't know what's his current state if you ask me but it's a good idea :)

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

For some reason, I'm unable to post screen shots, or any pic (used the snipping tool to no avail, very frustrating). Under sound, video and game controllers there are the following two options:
Intel ® Display Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Well, Realtek High Definition Audio seems to basic to be it, but still might be missing something.

Seeing system specs show SRS Premium HD in audio section of pdf i linked.

Only way get true surround sound is through 5.1 speakers, audio that has Dolby surround or DTS and a player to decode it. This has a kind of virtual surround through 2 speakers, but OP is missing this in settings of Realtek Audio manager in control panel.

Edited by jds63, 29 October 2014 - 07:46 PM.

Gostchyld

Gostchyld

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
I installed that driver, and it did install the Realtek HD Audio manager in the control panel. It remains that the only option is "stereo" which is greyed out.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

You installed Realtek Audio Driver only or also SRS Premium HD ? In your first post you stated Stereo was only option to be able to select, now you are saying Stereo is greyed out ?

Is there any way for you to take a screen capture of both the Device manager with " Sound, Vidoe and Game controllers open up plus Realtek Audio manager, so we can see what you are seeing and more ?

Again this is happening with nothing hooked into any ports on Laptop, correct ? Need to work on one at a time.

Have window on screen, push oon keyboard Ctrl + Print Screen. Open Windows Paint, left click mouse in center of Paint Window, at menu bar of Paint Program select Paste, center image and at Menu select File and save as JPEG.

Attach it in next post, make sure in post to open up to More reply options or use Full editor you will see Attach Files on bottom left of post, browse to where you saved the image,upload, then select Attach.

Edited by jds63, 03 November 2014 - 03:56 PM.