Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scam /spam email

• Please log in to reply

Sam5

Sam5

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Looking for some advice please received an email from someone claiming to have seen a pic or profile online (which I don't have ) they started the message with my name ? Stating they wanted to meet up !! Stupidly I replied to say they had the wrong person.
I have since received another email asking to meet up Ignored that and now got another one asking if I live in a certain town ? Which I do I hope this makes sense. Just wondering what I should do or is this spam hoping for a reply again ? A bit freaked out how they know my name and location

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,624 posts
  • MVP

Just send them to the spam folder.  This is a pretty common spam email.  It's not hard to connect an email address to a name and the town can be found from the IP address.  

Sam5

Sam5

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok great thanks for your help I was wondering how they knew my name as my email address is not related to my name. But I guess it could be from anything I have signed upto online with my email.