Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SFC Corrupt Ownership Permission Issues

• Please log in to reply

tink03

tink03

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi. My name is Kelly. I ran sfc /scannow and got the message: Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. I'm having a lot of problems with my computer (Windows 7 64 bit), but my biggest problem seems to be that the permissions keep changing on all of my folders and files. I have taken ownership of whatever file or folder I need, but it always changes back. I believe the problem lies inside my registry, but I don't have a clue how to fix it. My computer is also running very slow. Actually, there are too many problems to list. I have the CBS log info, but not sure how much of it to put on here. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Edited by tink03, 20 March 2015 - 05:28 PM.

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Hello, I think it is best that you start this process, getting your machine check for malware.  Please follow this instructions in the link below, post your FRST logs in a new topic in the malware section.

http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

tink0303

tink0303

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thank you for helping. I did as you asked and posted the results in the malware section.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

They will take care of the malware present on your machine. :) I am posting a link to that thread, so I can follow it easier.

http://www.geekstogo...mission-issues/

tink0303

tink0303

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

I hope you're right. Are you going to be the one who continues to help me, or does it go to someone else now?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

They will help you in the other thread, that you created. :) I will gladly help you if issues persist after an all clear is given by the malware tech.

tink0303

tink0303

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Thanks very much.

tink0303

tink0303

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Hi. I'm not sure if you've been following my thread or not, but I'm wondering if you could have a look at the scans I ran and see if you agree that I need to take my computer back to factory settings? I don't have a Windows CD, so that's going to make things really difficult, right?

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

If you see his last post, you have a recovery partition, you can easily get it back to like new with this. :) Follow up over there until the end....

tink0303

tink0303

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Ok. Thanks for looking for me. You have no idea how much I hate this computer!

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

The guy helping you is very good at what he does, and if says you need to start from scratch......