Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

0x80070002 - Windows Registry is totally messed up. Cannot run Microso

• Please log in to reply

mmalan

mmalan

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi,

My registry is corrupt. The troubleshooter and Microsoft Fixit's wont run. I cannot install Office 2013.

Please help.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1058.PNG
  • Capture.PNG

Advertisements

Caliburn

Caliburn

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Doesn't look like there's a problem with your registry. Where are you trying to install from, the disc or off an installer online?

nordvark

nordvark

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Have a look here..

http://microsoftlive...talling-office/

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi - sorry for the late reply. I didnt receive any notification and just checked the site again now. 

I tried all the repair steps. Including the ones at the link posted.

My issue is much greater than just not being able to install Office. Is there a program you prefer to post a log file of my registry?

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

https://www.dropbox....R-3-30.log?dl=0

Link to registry issues above

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Hello mmalan,

Sorry to hear of your issue.  To begin troubleshooting I have a few questions for you and something for you to try:

Questions
1) Did it ever work normally?  How long has the issue been going on?

2) Did anything change between the time when it worked and when you first noticed the problem? (updated drivers, hardware/software installation, windows updates, etc?)

3) Does this happen with more than just Microsoft Office?

Things to try
1) Please click here and find the Runtimes column.  Then select the .NET 4.5.2 and click the green Get Installer button near the bottom of the page.

2) Run this download once it's done. (If you can't find it once it download, click Start> type "download" and click the Downloads folder that pops up)

If the problem persists after updating your .NET framework, then let's take a look at some log files.  Otherwise, let us know if you're in the clear!

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark the following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go and post the result.

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Questions
1) Did it ever work normally?  How long has the issue been going on?
- Yes. For about 1 month

2) Did anything change between the time when it worked and when you first noticed the problem? (updated drivers, hardware/software installation, windows updates, etc?)
- Nothing specifically that I can think of

3) Does this happen with more than just Microsoft Office?

This happens with microsoft office, windows update, troubleshooters/repair doesn't work etc

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Installer says .Net is up to date (I think there is a problem with my .Net installation however)

MiniToolbox below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v75tozqpksaz319/minitoolbox.txt?dl=0 

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

OK, thanks.

Let's try clicking Start>Control Panel>Programs and Features...and scroll down until you see

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (HKLM\...\{92FB6C44-E685-45AD-9B20-CADF4CABA132} - 1033) (Version: 4.5.51209 - Microsoft Corporation)
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 (Version: 4.5.51209 - Microsoft Corporation) Hidden

Now, to be honest, I'm not sure why you have 2 of them... but let's go ahead and try to repair both of them, first.
To do this, click/highlight each entry and click Uninstall at the top, you will be presented with 2 options, make sure the top one is selected (Repair) and click Next.

If the problem persists, I'm thinking we should try uninstalling them both, and re-installing the same way I mentioned in my previous post.

Let us know what happens.  =)

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

How do I find the hidden one? I turned hide files and folders and system files off in appearance and personalization.

In addition - it looks like .Net 3.5.1 is running as well. See image

https://www.dropbox....gin/aa.PNG?dl=0

Advertisements

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

.net in the registry

https://www.dropbox....9/.net.PNG?dl=0

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

the ndp 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wtaiqjul9oi48g/.net2.PNG?dl=0 

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Do not worry about the hidden one, if you can only see one .NET to repair/uninstall.

The 3.5.1 version comes built-in to Windows7 and newer, it cannot be uninstalled.

Let's just focus on the one you can see for now, and let me know the outcome after trying to Repair it, first.  If the Repair doesn't work, try uninstalling it completely and re-installing the same way as before.

mmalan

mmalan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

I did the repair and restarted my computer... Now what? (thanks for helping by the way!)

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Don't thank me until it's fixed.  :laughing:

Is the problem the same?  If so, let's try uninstalling it (instead of repairing it, the bottom option to Uninstall).  Then follow the instructions below to reinstall the latest version.

1) Please click here and find the Runtimes column.  Then select the .NET 4.5.2 and click the green Get Installer button near the bottom of the page.

2) Run this download once it's done. (If you can't find it once it download, click Start> type "download" and click the Downloads folder that pops up)

Test it out one more time and let us know if there's any change.  If not, I will need to research the issue a bit more.   :smashcomp: