Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"msvcp80.dll is missing"

windows 7 .dll PowerDVD video

Best Answer SleepyDude , 26 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

OK, now they are both installed!   It is odd that when I did the Dell system analysis, it didn't tell me to update those drivers. I never trust those automated tools  I guess now we hope... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi SD,

I tried to update the drivers, but not sure if I did the right ones, or got them all.

I did a Dell system analysis, and it said I need to upgrade 9 drivers... 2 of them manually, and 7 automatically.

I ran the automatic ones, and then did the manual ones, then restarted the computer, and then I did another analysis just to check, and 4 remained (2 manual and 2 automatic).  So I tried to install these again, and again when I re-analyzed, they were still listed by Dell as needing to be upgraded, even though I did this twice.

Here is the page listing the 4 drivers that allegedly need to be updated. 

http://www.materra.be/DriverList.pdf

I don't even know if they are of any importance, and these 4 upgraded drivers I allegedly installed according to the messages when I installed them, even if the analysis does not acknowledge it.

Maybe I should just use the computer as is, and then if I continue to get more blue screens of death, then look at it more.

Advertisements

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

The 2 manual about Biometric aren't very important unless you are using something biometric related.

The other 2 are related with Chipset and should be updated. Did you try downloading the drivers manually and install?

Another thing you can do is to open the Device Manager locate the Intel Management Engine and the ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor under System Devices right click to access Properties then on the Driver tab confirm that the Driver Date is 2014 or newer.

About the BSOD lets see if the system report can give some clue...

Download and install WhoCrashed

• Run the tool and click Analyze
  • post the generated report

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Good Morning Sleep Dude!

I tried again to do it manually.  Both seemed to install well.  See:

http://www.materra.b...erInstalled.pdf

But then I again did a Dell system analysis which again said they both needed to be updated!

Then I noticed the downloads, on the Dell site were from 2011 and 2012.  Maybe the Dell download links are to old drivers, but the analysis is checking against the newest driver.

Any way, when I looked at the drivers on device manager, it says they are from 2011 and 2012.  When I tried to update the drivers from device manager, it said I have the latest.

However the names of the drivers listed on the device manager do not exactly match the names you listed.  See:

http://www.materra.be/DriverStatus.pdf

Oops, I see I cut off the lower names on the list and thus ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor.

In any case, the only thing similar is listed as:  "ST Micro Accelerometer" not "ST Microelectronics Free Fall Sensor"

Below is the crash report:

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Sat 4/25/2015 10:02:52 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042515-32666-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x72A40)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C7CA1F)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 4/25/2015 10:02:52 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xE0989)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C7CA1F)
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.79
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.79
Bug check description: This indicates that Microsoft Windows or a kernel-mode driver accessed paged memory at DISPATCH_LEVEL or above.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.79 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Sat 4/25/2015 8:01:04 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042515-34725-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C7EA1F)
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 4/19/2015 9:17:30 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041915-26488-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C9AA1F)

On Sun 4/19/2015 9:14:09 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041915-30591-01.dmp
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C8AA1F)

On Sun 4/12/2015 9:34:02 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041215-22666-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x74EC0)
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0x10, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002C88DFF)

On Fri 4/10/2015 12:28:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\040915-54615-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x14D800)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800A9984E0, 0xFFFFF88006583800, 0x0, 0x2)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.79
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.79
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.79 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Conclusion

7 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. A third party driver has been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 296.79 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

It seems you already have the latest Chipset drivers, I mixed the released date with the update date on the dell webpage.

The crash report clearly points to a problem with the graphic card, can you confirm if the machine have two graphic cards by checking the Device Manager and post the name of them.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

I am not exactly sure where to look. 

Does the attached screen capture tell you what you are looking for?

Attached Files

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

I am not exactly sure where to look. 

Does the attached screen capture tell you what you are looking for?

Yep, the machine have a dual graphics configuration don't accept any drivers update suggested by NVidia or Microsoft because they will break the switchable graphics configuration!

Check both drivers properties to confirm that the versions of the drivers installed match the versions on the Dell website:

NVidia - 9.18.13.1193

Intel HD - 9.17.10.3040

Any new BSOD after the drivers update?

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi Sleepy Dude,

The Driver for the NVidia NVS 4200 M is version 8.17.12.9679

The Driver for the Intel ® HD Graphics family is version 8.15.10.2418

I have not had a BSOD yet, but it usually comes every couple of days or so.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi Sleepy Dude,

The Driver for the NVidia NVS 4200 M is version 8.17.12.9679

The Driver for the Intel ® HD Graphics family is version 8.15.10.2418

I have not had a BSOD yet, but it usually comes every couple of days or so.

The drivers seems outdated!

Try to update using the drivers provided by Dell start with the Intel driver after install restart the computer and check if the version change.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

OK, I installed the new Intel driver, and it is now listed as Intel HD - 9.17.10.3040 in the Device manager.

Should we install the NVidia one now?

Do you have a link to that?

thank you!

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

OK, I installed the new Intel driver, and it is now listed as Intel HD - 9.17.10.3040 in the Device manager.

Good. :thumbsup:

Should we install the NVidia one now?

Do you have a link to that?

Yes specially because both drivers need to match to work properly when the machine switch from one graphic to the other.

The driver taken from the Dell webpage https://downloads.de...13.1193_A10.EXE

Advertisements

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

OK, now they are both installed!

It is odd that when I did the Dell system analysis, it didn't tell me to update those drivers.

I guess now we hope it works well, and see if there are any more BSOD's!  :-)

Remember to give me a link to make a donation.

Thank you again very much!

Chris

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts
✓  Best Answer

OK, now they are both installed!

It is odd that when I did the Dell system analysis, it didn't tell me to update those drivers.

I never trust those automated tools :)

I guess now we hope it works well, and see if there are any more BSOD's!  :-)

Let's hope so.

Remember to give me a link to make a donation.

Check the Messenger link on top of the page you should have a notification there from me.