Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"msvcp80.dll is missing"

windows 7 .dll PowerDVD video

Best Answer SleepyDude , 26 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

OK, now they are both installed!   It is odd that when I did the Dell system analysis, it didn't tell me to update those drivers. I never trust those automated tools  I guess now we hope... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Does it gives you an error code on failure?

Advertisements

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi Aura,

I was spring skiing today in Vermont.  :-) 

Yes, there is an error code.

Here is the screen I got with the error listed:

http://www.materra.be/InstallError.pdf

So I went ahead and followed "get help with this error" which the text is below and ran the "System Update Readiness Tool".

Then I ran the install updates again and it failed again.  In fact, I ran it and left to go skiing, and when I came home, the computer had crashed and left me the blue screen of death.

The message it gave was:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time....."

It is actually the third time.

Below is the "get help with this error information" I mentioned above.

Maybe I need to update all those Visual C++ Redistributable's, but I am unsure how to do this.

Thanks again for all your help, and please don't feel rushed.

*******************************************************************************************

Windows Update error 80073712

The System Update Readiness Tool for Windows can correct some conditions that cause Windows Update error 80073712 error. To learn more about this tool, go to What is the System Update Readiness Tool? on the Windows website.

If the System Update Readiness Tool does not correct the problem, you'll need to repair Windows. Repairing Windows won't damage your personal files or the programs that are installed on your computer.

Once you finish the repair, you'll need to rerun Windows Update to install any updates aren't included on the installation DVD. To repair Windows, follow these steps:

1. Close all programs, and then restart your computer.

2. Insert the Windows DVD into the computer's disk drive. Wait for Setup to start. If Setup doesn't start automatically, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then type Drive:\setup.exe in the search box, where Drive is the letter of your computer's DVD drive (for example, D:\setup.exe).

2. In the Programs list, click Setup.exe.

3. Click Install Now.

4. Click Go online to obtain the latest updates for installation (recommended).

5. If you're asked for it, type the Windows Product key.

6. In the Which kind of installation do you want? window, click Upgrade.

7. When the installation is complete, restart your computer, and then run Windows Update.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Here, I found a link that have all of them, from 2005 to 2013:

http://getintopc.com...-free-download/

You'll need to install every single one of them, 32 and 64-bits. I would start with 2005. If they are already installed, it'll offer you the option to Repair the installation, so take it.

As for the Windows Updates, we could try flushing the Windows Update cache and then attempt to reinstall that failing update after.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Great, thanks Aura

I will install them all this evening,

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Hi Aura,

Boy, this is frustrating!   

I downloaded and installed all 10 C++ Redistributals.  Some seemed to be installed as new, and others as repairs.

1.  Still same problem with Power DVD.  I even tried reinstalling again.

2.  Still same Window Update installation problem, I tried to reinstall again.

3.  Still same corrupt files after a scan.  Here is the results of the scan:

http://www.materra.be/sfcdetails3.txt

Here is the MIcrosoft Visual C++ Redistributables in the programs list now:

http://www.materra.b...utable List.pdf

thanks again for hanging in there on this

Chris

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
This is getting weirder by the minute. Alright. Open another elevated command prompt, like you do for the SFC scan. Enter this command:

regsvr32 msvcp80.DLL

Let me know what message is returned from this command.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

This is the message I got:

http://www.materra.be/ErrorMessage.pdf

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Alright, so I did a little of mess around in one of my VM, which happens to run Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bits, like yours. I installed both "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable" packages linked by Sleepy in the first page, and I still couldn't find the msvcp80.dll after. I installed both "patches" that are supposed to restore that file, and guess what, it still wasn't there. However, I do have msvcp60.dll and msvcp100.dll for a reason that I don't know. And it's the exact same on my Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bits system, and I have all the packages installed. I have no idea of where that file is. It's supposed to be in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 but I cannot find it at all.

Edited by Aura, 13 April 2015 - 08:24 PM.

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hi,

Please try to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) to see if it works without errors.

If this works there are more errors to fix based on the WSURT report...

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Thanks Sleepy Dude,

I installed it, and it seemed to work.  Here is the message I got:

http://www.materra.be/message1.pdf

The odd thing is the first time I ran it, I go this message linked above, and then when I said "finish" another message came up with three options for me to choose, one of which was that it installed correctly, and the other 2 were some form of it didn't install correctly, and what to do.

I chose that it installed correctly.  

I ran it again to get that multiple choice message to show you, but it didn't repeat.

Advertisements

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

PS original problem still there

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hi,

Please run SFC again and post the new log to see if the error is fixed or not.

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

OK, will do.

Gotta go to work now, will do it this evening.

thanks again to both of you for all the help

Chris

christoforest

christoforest

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

OK, I ran the scan again, got same message about unrepairable errors...

Here is the log, looks like same stuff to me:

http://www.materra.be/sfcdetails4.txt

thanks

Chris

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,974 posts

Hi,

According to the log the error is related to Net Framework and windows is refusing to use the file included on the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 package.

Try to install Net Framework 3 let me know if you get any error code during install if not, restart the computer and then run another SFC scan and post the log.