Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system interrupts 100% usage

• Please log in to reply

Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly

• PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

hey all, working on a new pc build with Windows 8.1 installed and so far everything was ok till recently when I discovered the computer was severely laggy, the task manager revealed to me that system interrupts was using a lot of cpu as much as 100%

Hopefully I can find a way to shut this thing down

Advertisements

Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Still no change to my problem despite looking for answers online. Worst of all is the lag. Tried a system restore and still no change

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

Hi,

Try to follow this guide How to get the cause of high CPU usage by DPC / Interrupt check if you can pinpoint the problem source using LatencyMon suggested at the end of the guide.

Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I'll check it out ASAP

Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

okay from what I can tell it looks like ndis.sys might be the problem driver

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

okay from what I can tell it looks like ndis.sys might be the problem driver

Try to update the driver. If the machine is an OEM Build check the website of the motherboard manufacturer.

Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

I'll give it a go though just earlier something else happened. I had shut down the pc and went to reboot it and got an error message

the error code is 0xc0000001 and it mentioned that a system file was corrupt or missing

SleepyDude

SleepyDude

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 4,976 posts

I'll give it a go though just earlier something else happened. I had shut down the pc and went to reboot it and got an error message

the error code is 0xc0000001 and it mentioned that a system file was corrupt or missing

Press windows8_key.png + X and click Open Command Prompt (Admin)
type:

sfc /scannow

The scan will take some time... and if everything is OK it should say something like "No integrity violations found"

• if it doesn't say "No integrity violations found" them do this:
  • In the command prompt window, type or Copy & Paste the following:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
  • Close the command prompt.
  • Attach to your post the sfcdetails.txt file that was just placed on your Desktop
  • You can safely delete the sfcdetails.txt file afterwards if you like

Lucky Dearly

Lucky Dearly

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts

well the computer works better now, figured out that the problem I had with the new rig was I had a 32 bit partition installed on a 64 bit system, I reinstalled windows 8.1 as a 64 bit partition and it works smoothly.