Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Startup Repair loop

• Please log in to reply

Etonam

Etonam

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there. I have a Dell laptop (Inspiron E1405, 1.6Ghz Coreduo, Windows 7).It started misbehaving from the last time I went online. Windows will load up to Logo screen almost about to enter Logon (wifi light turns on) when it bsods on me: F4 bsod with different codes each time I checked, pointing to Windows processes. On next boot when entering WinRE, Startup Repair will either fail to fix the problem or say it did but then the following boot will end on F4 bsod again and the loop could go on ...My guess is that the laptop got infected that last time I was on the Net.I connected the hard drive to another system and used HBCD, Avast(old version), Tweaking.com and MBAM. I deleted the infected files found. But the system still wouldn't complete startup. Next, I was able to run MBAM in WinRE from my flash and deleted the infections it detected. Still to no avail. I have to mention that in between all these steps, I also ran many CHKDSK and SFC. Lately I tried Farbar recovery tool. I ran it many times and applied a fixlist.txt containing items I knew were suspicious. But the laptop wouldn't start. Since I didn't know what to make of the last two logs, I decided to post them here. So people more experienced than me can give me a hand. There is one with whitelists and the other has none.
Hope to hear from u guys,
Etonam

Attached Files

Advertisements