Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Norton AV "Outbound Traffic Detected"

• Please log in to reply

7051firedog

7051firedog

• Pip
  • 3 posts

My wife's laptop has recently come under some sort of attack. I operates as though it is being used as a porxy or bot of some sort. I installed Norton about a month ago and today she gets the message about "outbound traffic" She uses the comp for her business and is freqeuntly downloading embroidery design files, but is not knoledgeable enough to spot probable threats, nor does she proactively conduct routine checks and maintenance. I am hopeful that a thorough cleaning will remove whatever malware she has picked up along the way. Any help is much appreciated. Also, I am a firefighter and I will not be home until Sunday the 12th of July, then I will have the comp in front of me to begin the process of disinfection. Just hoping to make a connection with someone who can help, Thanks in advance!!!!!

Kyle

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
Hello Kyle,

Please follow the instructions Here.

7051firedog

7051firedog

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

followed your advise and reposted per instructions. Please reply if you have time, thank you.  My internet history shows about 300 sites my computer has been used as a proxy to visit today.  Thank you.