Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD tcpic.sys

Best Answer phillpower2 , 12 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

hanabiraasashi, Each one of your crash dumps points towards MBAM as the cause, namely mbamservice.ex Uninstall MBAM and let us know if the issue is resolved. TIPTo ensur... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

hanabiraasashi

hanabiraasashi

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi all,

A few weeks ago, one of my computers started BSOD'ing. Bad_Pool_Header is the error, and bluescreenview pointed to tcpip.sys as the culprit. I searched that and I found this lovely website where someone said that the problem is likely caused by a bad driver or program trying to use the internet.

Edit: I should add that I reformatted from the recovery partition and this problem persists with increasing frequency. 

Would anyone mind reading my minidumps and pointing me in the right direction? :)

I greatly appreciate any help.

Attached Files

Edited by hanabiraasashi, 11 July 2015 - 09:35 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
✓  Best Answer

:welcome:   hanabiraasashi,

Each one of your crash dumps points towards MBAM as the cause, namely mbamservice.ex

Uninstall MBAM and let us know if the issue is resolved.

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

hanabiraasashi

hanabiraasashi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Malwarebytes??  thats strange.. why would this be causing an issue? ive been using it for years. Also, its been on this computer for a year before the crashes started.

I uninstalled to see if it helps, but i wonder what the root cause is.

edit: on their support page, it looks like a bunch of people have started having this issue

Thanks for looking into this!

Edited by hanabiraasashi, 12 July 2015 - 08:28 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Possibly a bad update, as suggested uninstall MBAM and test, if the issue is resolved, create a new restore point, reinstall MBAM afresh and test.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Sorry but I missed your edited reply #3  :(

This post separately so that hopefully you do not miss it.

Other security products also have blips with their software and not just Malwarebytes, BitDefender is one example that caused a member problems recently, like yourself with MBAM they had used BD for time without any issue and so could not understand the problem happening now.

How is the computer now behaving.

Polite reminder

TIP

To ensure that you receive notification of any reply to your topic please click on the Follow this topic tab at the upper right corner of the page. 

hanabiraasashi

hanabiraasashi

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

It seems to have resolved the issue. It looks like if I want to continue using malwarebytes on that system, I need to have someone over there sift through logs.

But it hasnt blue screened since i removed it so, fingers crossed.

Thanks!

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Were you using the Free or Pro version? What release? Current is 2.1.8.1057.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

It seems to have resolved the issue. It looks like if I want to continue using malwarebytes on that system, I need to have someone over there sift through logs.

But it hasnt blue screened since i removed it so, fingers crossed.

Thanks!

You are welcome but can I ask, did you as suggested create a new restore point and reinstall MBAM afresh (preferably version 2.1.8.1057 as mentioned above by Ztruker).