Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My windows 8.1 will not allow me at all to do updates.

• Please log in to reply

master_who

master_who

• Pip
  • 1 posts

As the title says, i for some reason cannot at all update my acer aspire es1 512 25tp. While trying to go to windows update & install it constantly fails & freezes for whatever reason. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Hello master_who and welcome ,

Is this a recent problem, Have you ever installed updates that you know of, How many updates are you attempting to install in one hit (or just whatever is there).??

Have you attempted to install them one at a time ?? Do you need a description of how to do this. ??

What Antivirus do you use ??

Also Please click on Follow this topic at the top right side of your post

Thank You ..

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello master_who  :welcome:,

Read this article and run Fixit for this issue-->Windows Update freezes when you install updates in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista

Install Windows updates in a clean boot state (Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista)

Installing Windows updates in a clean boot state will avoid the Windows updates installation being blocked by some other applications and services that are installed in Windows. To perform a clean boot in Windows, see how to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista.

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Hello again,

Did the idea from Dashing star help you, and are you now installing updates, or would you like more help ..

Thank You -