Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

white screen cannot see anything

white screen

• Please log in to reply

copperjr

copperjr

• Pip
  • 1 posts

white screen on start up can't see or do anything is this screen problem or software problem? Can I fix it? 

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
See if you can boot to safe mode.

To do that

Turn computer off, then on. Now keep tapping the F8 Key. See if you get a black screen with white letters.

Let me know

mickmatt

mickmatt

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I'm in the same boat. I have Windows Vista Home premium version on an HP desktop. When I boot up, it goes to a white screen. I ran the FixMeStick and it cleared out several viruses or malware, I don't know what for sure. Now when I run FixMeStick, it shows no issues. But I still cannot boot past a white screen. When I try to boot into safe mode it asks me to enter my password on a nice Windows screen and then boots to a black window that has Safe Mode in all four corners of the screen. Beyond that, nada. Any suggestions?

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,090 posts
mickmatt,

Would you post in this forum please and someone will get to you

http://www.geekstogo...alware-related/

Thanks
Joe