Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Disk Space - laptop won't power up

No disk apace

• Please log in to reply

Thatgirl415

Thatgirl415

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I tried to install the latest system upgrade on my Mac Book Pro, when I attempted to restart a window popped up stating "I have no more disk space" and it shut down. Now when I attempt to restart computer, it shuts down half way thru the restart process. Anyway know how to bypass this problem?? Help!!

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Thatgirl415 :welcome:  ,

Safe Boot / Safe Mode your Mac

To load your Mac in Safe Mode, press and hold the Shift key while it boots. You can stop holding the Shift key when you see an Apple logo and progress bar. To leave Safe Mode, just reboot your Mac without holding the Shift key.

see whether it boots in safe mode. If yes then try to delete unwanted apps and produce some disk space.