Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Of Death

Error Message Errors Crash Troubleshooting Technical Issues Blue Screen Blue Screen Of Death

• Please log in to reply

Joey Roddy

Joey Roddy

• Pip
  • 3 posts

About three or four months ago, I have received a sudden computer crash blue screen of death that reads,

YOUR PC RAN INTO A PROBLEM AND NEEDS TO RESTART.
WE'RE JUST COLLECTING SOME ERROR INFO, AND THEN
WE'LL RESTART FOR YOU.

IF YOU'D LIKE TO KNOW MORE, YOU CAN SEARCH LATER FOR THIS ERROR:
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

At the time of this error message
screen, it was an endless cycle of restarting my laptop computer because this error message screen would keep showing up preventing Windows from even loading. I could not log on to Windows or boot up Windows at all.

I tried a complete recovery to factory settings using my 5 recovery disks set and it failed.

I then, tried a complete system restore to factory settings using my 5 recovery disks set and succeeded.

However, in do ing a complete system restore to factory settings, I accidentally deleted my system recovery D Drive partition.

Everything seemed fine till I received this same error messag
e again on August 21, 2015
Only this time, I was able to log into Windows and so far have not received this error message.

My question is, what could be the cause of this error message?
I tried the following:
1.) Checked hard drive for errors and there were no errors on Drive
2.) Did a Windows Diagnostic Test scan on Memory and there were no errors or problems found
3.) Ran Anti Virus Scan using BitDefender Internet Security 2015 and no viruses were found

My operating system is originally WINDOWS 8.1 64 bit but I upgraded to WINDOWS 10 64 bit at 2:00 A.M. on July 29, 2015 through WINDOWS UPDATE. I've received this error message before and after the upgrade.

Advertisements

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Hello Joey Roddy  :welcome:

I know BSOD cause people irritating :killcomp:  sometime but atmost it is possible to be solved!

I could not log on to Windows or boot up Windows at all.

You did not try to enter into safe mode at that time?   :confused:

I tried a complete recovery to factory settings using my 5 recovery disks set and it failed.

I then, tried a complete system restore to factory settings using my 5 recovery disks set and succeeded.

what do you mean by 5 recovery/restore disk set means?  :huh:

deleted my system recovery D Drive partition.

So that you have recovery partition there? or you create any image on D: ?

Everything seemed fine till I received this same error messag
e again on August 21, 2015
Only this time, I was able to log into Windows and so far have not received this error message.

You got BSOD after factory restore?

I tried the following:
1.) Checked hard drive for errors and there were no errors on Drive
2.) Did a Windows Diagnostic Test scan on Memory and there were no errors or problems found
3.) Ran Anti Virus Scan using BitDefender Internet Security 2015 and no viruses were found

Did you try 1 and 3 after system restore or before restore?

I've received this error message before and after the upgrade.

It means you do a system restore after you got BSOD and after upgrading to windows 10 so that what OS you running now?

Please answer my questions above to help you better as i can!  :)

Joey Roddy

Joey Roddy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

This is my current situation as of now,

I am no longer able to boot up pc.

The power button on pc lights up

and the caps lock led light flashes two times every three seconds

but the screen will not come on at all.

As of now, I am convinced that my laptop is gone for good.

Dashing star

Dashing star

• PipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Sorry i somehow missed this topic! :huh:

If you still need assistance, please post back! :rolleyes: