Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

System Restore Point wont work. "reverting changes" :(

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

LightspeeD

LightspeeD

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Hi all & thx for taking the time to read my woes. My names Jimmy & i have Windows 10 home freshly installed (reset). My laptop is an Intel i7 with 16Gb RAM,Nvidia Geforce Graphics. Its working great & all apart from Cortana always asking me to take her out here or there, but that's another story...    :)

My problem started when i installed a program (YTD Youtube Downloader) and it installed 2 other junkware with it. The installation didn't have the usual Express or Custom install as i always choose Custom & un-check all others. The 2 PUP's was an antivirus of sorts and browser toolbar. I deleted both using control panel but its left residual leftovers that causing a few programs to not run or causes errors when trying to startup on boot, & that never happened before this YTD install.

The good thing was that 2 hr's before the install, i created a restore point while i tried out JRT (Junkware Removal Tool). So i wanted to go back to that point in time 2 hrs before the problems arose, or the point of YTD installation. I used that restore point and it restarted the machine and did it's thing. But after it finished & rebooted, system restore came up with "The system restore did not complete successfully because a file could not be found, Your antivirus might have prevented the restore from happening. no changes were made to your PC." or something similar along those lines. I tried restore again 2 more times with my anti-virus stopped but the exact same message appears. So i cant revert back.

Anyone know why? or have a geeky computer words explanation cuz i'm lost here. Thankyou in advance.

Edited by LightspeeD, 18 September 2015 - 04:39 AM.

Advertisements