Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Measuring my graphics card. Damages something in my PC

• Please log in to reply

bg111

bg111

• PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Hi. I am running Windows 7 64-bit Home Edition. I had unplugged everything and had the case open measuring the graphics card. I was being very carefull not to touch the motherboard and trying not to touch anything else, but I was using a metal tape measure. When i turned the PC back on it wanted to go into the bios settings, but I am not an expert so I booted into startup. My date is now reset to 2009, though the computer is working. I tried to restore to an earler time, which it did. but the time is wrong. As you can see in the picture, the time it restored to and the time in the corner are different.20151017_152805.jpg

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

So what is your question?

To change the time on the clock in the corner just click on it and change it.

I'm not sure why the date changed though.

bg111

bg111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Thank for replying so quickly. Sorry I am not very good at explaining things. I have done that now and can get back on-line. I can't see the shortcuts that used to be next to the clock anymore, though the space for them is still there, if I click in them nothing happens. Also some of the hidden icons are missing, like Dropbox etc, but that is still working. Is there a way I can check to see that I haven't damaged something.

bg111

bg111

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Ok. Well I restarted the machine again and everything is back. I'm really not sure what happened. If you have some test for me to run, that could be good. If not then you can probably say this is finished.