Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GT2015 Apex COLOR TV No channels?

GT2015 Apex COLOR TV antenna channels

• Please log in to reply

VikingHans

VikingHans

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Hey there, guys. Recently I inherited a GT2015 Apex COLOR TV from my little sister and she's taken pretty good care of it so I don't think it's broken. I think I'm just dumb and don't know how to use it. I'm hoping that's all it is. As it is, I don't have the remote to the TV but I do have the front menu and I swear I've gone through everything to get it to work. I have a Roku LT hooked into the TV as well as a VCR and an Antenna cable leading outside to an antenna I have on my roof which has worked perfectly on my old TV for ages. 

My issue is that no matter how many times I channel search or add channels or auto search, I can't get any channels to come in! To double check, I hooked up my old TV again and it worked just as fine as before. I don't know if I'm setting the channels up wrong or such. When I set the channel search to 'Auto Program' under the 'Tuner' menu, it will tick by channels '58, 59, 60...' but beneath that it says 'ERASE' and I can't get the 'ERASE' to go away during Auto Program. Even if I set it to ADD it goes back to ERASE during Auto Program. 

I'm kind of at my wit's end here, even after looking at the manual. 

Help, please? 

Anyone? 

The manual in question for the TV in case I'm a retard and missed something incredibly obvious --> http://www.searspart...COLOR TV-manual

Advertisements

VikingHans

VikingHans

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

I should mention the Roku and VCR show up perfectly fine on the TV. Just not the antenna/regular TV. 

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Verify that the TV is set to the "Air" (antenna) input (not on or "Cable" mode). Is there a switch for that perhaps ?

Also simple trouble shooting ideas that may help in case we missed something silly see Here

Best I can offer for now.

Joe

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

maybe it needs to erase the stored channels before it will store new ones for your location and that's why your getting the erase option all the time.

my best guess though would be it's only capable of receiving analogue over the air signals so isn't capable of finding and storing digital tv signals which i believe are now the only tv signals broadcast over the air in the usa since september the 1st, so like zep516 guides says you may need a digital converter box before you can get any over the air tv signals.

more info about usa's transition from analogue to digital tv signals here :- https://en.wikipedia...e_United_States

here's the tv specs, notice under tuners there is no digital tuner listed :- http://www.cnet.com/...0-crt-tv/specs/

:popcorn: