Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acer aspire one error restoring to factory

restoring Acer aspire one net

• Please log in to reply

CarlaNae

CarlaNae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm getting an error when I start my netbook since trying to restore it to factory settings. I think the battery had died during the restore process. I've tried all I know. Please can y'all hellllllp lol. Thanks so much. Isn't there a SEARCH button on this site? It's a lot of information to search for something like my issue. Please somebody help. :)

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

:welcome:   CarlaNae,

Couple of questions if I may;

Why did you need to try doing a factory restore, were you already having problems.

There are many different Acer One models such as D250, D255, D270 etc, do you happen to know which model yours is, if not can you tell us how old the computer is/how long you have owned it, not all models have the same recovery options or hardware specifications.

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

Edit by paws:Sorry phillpower2, I must learn to type a little faster...

Hi CarlaNae, and welcome to our forum.

:welcome:

Sorry to hear about the problems with your Acer netbook.

The search facility is usually to be found towards the top of the page, and has the usual "cog wheel" icon to it's right  if you wish to perform an advanced search.

It sounds as though you may have inadvertantly performed the "restore to factory" whilst the Acer was not plugged into the mains... or for some reason the charging system was not working and this is why the restore failed when the battery ran down.

(its vital to ensure that the restore to factory is carried out with mains electricity/charger connected and working.)

I would be inclined to start afresh, charge the battery for several hours and with the charger unit and mains supply fully connected and working, perform the "Restore to Factory" once more.

Let us know how you get on.

regards

paws

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,747 posts

No worries paws, two helping is better than one  :)