I am running Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satillite L55D-S5204. It has froze while idol from time to time for a while but now it is happening more often. What is causing this? It this a Windows error of some kind?
Windows 7 freezes while idol
Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:17 AM
Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:29 AM
In order for us to assist you with your computer's BSOD (crash) symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The DMP file that's in there contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.
- Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
- Zip up the copy.
- Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
- If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
- On your computer click the Start button, type in sysdm.cpl and press [Enter].
- Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
- Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
- Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box, (the 256kb varies).
- Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump
- OK your way out.
- Reboot if changes have been made.
Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:41 AM
I don't get a blue screen it just freezes and I have to hard boot it.
Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:41 AM
Edited by SpywareDr, 23 November 2015 - 05:43 AM.
Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:32 AM
It only happens when I am idol.
Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:04 AM
So look in Event Viewer and see if it will tell you what caused it to freeze.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users