Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PUP.Optional.Yelloader is probably innocent (Simple Sticky Notes)

PUP Malwarebytes Simple Sticky Notes

• Please log in to reply

Antiviralguy

Antiviralguy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

(Please see edit, below. I decided to get rid of pgm, just to be safe.)

New here, very much a rookie, but wanted to post something I think might be accurate and possibly reassuring, unless I am completely wrong. 

After having the same problem, I found a post on this site about a recurring PUP finding in MalwareBytes. It shows a "PUP.Optional.Yelloader"

and the Registry Keys associated with it were:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TRACING\ssn_RASMANCS and HKLM\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\TRACING\ssn_RASAPI32

I figured that a startup program on my computer was reloading this same PUP. This was confirmed by Malwarebytes when I unticked the Startup program, "Simple Sticky Notes" and resulted in zero PUP findings on the following Malwarebytes scan. So, it is safe to assume that:

"Yelloader" = refers to "load" the "yellow" pages. (The yellow sticky notes.)
The "ssn" in the HKLM line = refers to Simple Sticky Notes.

I doubt that Sticky Notes has any issues, however I am removing it from Startup and will keep an eye on it. Hope this helps. 

***ON SECOND THOUGHT: I HAVE DECIDED TO UNINSTALL THE PROGRAM AS WELL AS ITS COUNTERPART DOCUMENT FOLDER. The company, located in Istanbul Turkey is probably legit, but...

Edited by Antiviralguy, 16 December 2015 - 10:38 PM.

Advertisements