Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit (Resolved)

Windows 7 upgrade Windows 7 HP download 2016

Best Answer billdawson , 06 February 2016 - 05:20 PM

That's funny! but I suppose it's absolute proof that the machine is out of circulation.  I feel more confident now and thanks for all this Phillpower2, you have been a great help, 180!   Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

billdawson

billdawson

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Does anyone know where I can download Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I have Vista Home Premium and need to upgrade but, Microsoft have stopped offering the Windows 7 download. Any help would be appreciated!

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

:welcome:    billdawson,

Not sure where you are in the world but the price converted = US $58.00  Coastal Software

billdawson

billdawson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Phillpower2

Thanks - this looks like a good site, all the sites I looked at looked a little suspect.

What do you think of this site in Covent Garden, London?

https://softwaregeeks.co.uk/product/windows-7-home-premium-3264bit-product-key-coa/?gclid=Cj0KEQiA0Na1BRDlkqOcyczng5cBEiQAnEDa2CYY-HEp8fZCHreeCovt1TIE6k-IkdGY-XFw824yRAAaAvnG8P8HAQ 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Not seen them before but they look ok judging by the reviews here

Did you notice the following at the link;

The C.O.A has been taken from a decommissioned PC.

You are welcome btw  :)

billdawson

billdawson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Would the fact that the C.O.A was from a decommissioned machine not bother you? Is this normal practice? Do you think Microsoft will accept such a product key and would I continue to receive future updates from Microsoft. By the way, I would not be going for the Windows 10 upgrade that Windows 7 customers are entitled to because my PC is about seven years old and probably not a suitable candidate for that operating system.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

None of the reviews reported a problem with the install or the update and I was just making sure that you were aware that the product was not out of the box new, had a similar one in the thread here (posts 76 and 77) were the product key sticker and DVD disc shipped with an actual broken computer, link for that here, so no, it is not unusual. 

If your computer is capable of running Windows 10 you should be offered the upgrade as an update and tbh it is not too demanding an OS, see system requirements here

billdawson

billdawson

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
✓  Best Answer

That's funny! but I suppose it's absolute proof that the machine is out of circulation.  I feel more confident now and thanks for all this Phillpower2, you have been a great help, 180!  

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts

Glad we were able to help, thank you for the follow up and any further questions along the way let us know :thumbsup:  

You are most welcome btw billdawson  :)