Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Android 5.0 Floating Head issue

Android Floating Head Freezing

• Please log in to reply

Epeekid

Epeekid

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Hello,

A day or two ago this floating head has been appearing on my phone. It's a white/grey circle with a remote control on it. When I press it, my screen goes slightly dark and I can not touch anything below the notification menu bar. When the phone goes on standby i can light it up with the power button but, I can't unlock it. I can pull down the notification bar but anything under the initial bar can not be pressed.The only way to get the phone running again is to take out the battery and power up the phone. I haven't downloaded or installed anything recently on the phone and I don't know which app this floating head is from. I've never seen it before and I don't use my phone as a remote or any electronic. I do have the Xbox One Smartglass app but, I've never set-up the remote control option. I've had the xbox app for over a year and this has never happened. Does anyone recognize this floating head and know how to disable it? See image. 

I have a Samsung galaxy S5 running Android 5.0

Thanks for the help!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot_2016-02-10-13-14-17.png

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts

It's the Peel Smart Remote app. Search for it in your app manager and disable it. If you want to uninstall it, it may be hiding in your Samsung Apps folder.

Peel Remote App.jpg

Epeekid

Epeekid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
ThanK you.